How Do We Work with Our Clients?
We will work with you in one of three ways.
- Investment Management - we provide you with fee-only*, discretionary investment management services.
- Retirement & Income Planning - we provide retirement and income planning, in addition to investment management.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning - This level includes all of the first two levels' services plus comprehensive financial planning, such as insurance planning, executive benefits planning, estate planning, tax planning, college planning and holistic monitoring of your financial life.
Our capabilities include the following:
Dividends are not guaranteed and must be authorized by the company's board of directors.
We have a pro-active mindset regarding client service. Our clients enjoy coming in on a regular basis to review their financial portfolio and affairs. Clients know they are not an account number; rather, they are an integral part of our family of clients. Our focus is on listening, understanding and caring about our clients’ concerns and then acting to provide advice and confidence to complicated matters.
As a part of our commitment to provide a pleasing client experience, we provide clients with:
- Meeting notes detailing discussions and action items
- Proactive meeting scheduling
- Client education events
- Client newsletter
- RJ account access: online and mobile
Petrovic Weaver Financial Services is a fee-only firm. We do not accept commissions.
Before any prospective client engages us, we will clearly explain any and all advisory fees and investment expenses.
All of our compensation is from asset-based fees*. This means we charge our clients a small percentage on their investments that we manage. A simple example of this would be charging an annual 1% asset-based fee, billed quarterly in fourths (0.25%), on your investments that we manage.
For our retirement planning and comprehensive financial planning service levels — depending on the level of complexity — we sometimes charge a one-time or annual planning fee in addition to an asset-based fee, but this depends on the particular client’s circumstances and is disclosed up front before any commitment to engage us.
*Advisory fees are in addition to the internal expenses charged by mutual funds and other investment company securities. To the extent that clients intend to hold these securities, the internal expenses should be included when evaluating the costs of hiring an advisor for investment management and financial planning.